We had our first Beauty Unseen Show at the Autumn/Winter Bristol Fashion Week 2016 – check out the video to sneak a peek at what it was all about!
The Beauty Unseen charity (Reg No. 1159136) is a vision born out of the need to highlight the issues around social exclusion and its effects on individuals; we believe that every person in the UK has the opportunity to be a full and valued member of a society where social exclusion and isolation no longer exist.
Our aim is to provide a platform for individuals to participate in a live stage production which will creatively portray their life experiences with the masses to raise awareness of the impact of social exclusion and how we can work together to help individuals integrate in society, and bring about a change in behaviour.
- It will benefit those who participate in building self-esteem and worth.
- It will educate the public and change stereotypes and behaviours towards socially excluded groups in the future.
- It will advertise other existing charities who can offer practical support for other socially excluded individuals motivated to reintegrate into society.
For our very first live show we are focusing on the South-West region of the UK. We have selected nine individuals or ‘Role Models’ from the South-West who have triumphed over life changing personal circumstances, and are willing to have their story told to help others. Please go to ‘Meet the Role Models‘ and find out more! Vivienne Westwood has agreed to donate an outfit for one lucky Role Model. We look forward to other ‘celebrities’ coming onboard.
We plan to film the journey of the Role Models and others who get involved from January to October to create a video story and for the messages of inspiration to make more impact to a wider audience.
Beauty Unseen is all about bringing unseen beauty into the spotlight, whether thats through the Role Models stories, the unknown designers or unsigned musicians that will form the live show. We want to ensure everyone realises that the ‘real’ beauty lies within each one of us.
- The live show: security, lighting, sound, show programmes etc
- Filming and editing paying for professional cameramen, photographers to record the journey and prepare the footage for release online
- Admin – printing, postage, travel expenses, website, advertising